I have never been nominated for a blogging award. I don’t check my grammar, I don’t really spell proof besides the button at the top that does the basic misspelling check, and I don’t know if everyone can read my sarcasm through the web so I’m not sure if my humour is even funny. Not that I”m always trying to be funny. Anyways now I’m off topic. Journey to Awesomehood nominated me for the liebster blog award, and I’d love to give a big shout out to her for it! Check out her blog as well, she’s just had a major surgery and is unable to work out (scary thought) and is still super positive about the situation! very inspirational!
I do love to talk about myself, but coming up with 11 Facts about myself was harder than I thought.
11 Facts About Yourself
1. I am 5’3 but I always say I’m 5’4.
2. I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Child and Youth Care
3. I have been working as a Child and Youth Care Practitioner for 8 years
4. I have dislocated my right shoulder twice. Once in dance class in grade 10. A girl flipped me doing the jive and landed only on my shoulder. the second time was 2 years ago a girl tripped me during a ball hockey game and I just landed wrong.
5. I call my mom almost every day. She lives 3 hours away. If I don’t call her that often I spend about 3 hours on the phone talking to her when I do.
6. I’m easy-going yet a type A control freak about certain things, such as having a clean house. I don’t have kids ye,t so I haven’t had to struggle with having toyed up dirty house.
7. I ran 2 half marathons this year! My very first one was in Canmore, AB with my girlfriend Jill (who I will be blogging with again in the next few weeks from JillandNikkidowork) and the second I ran alone, which I never thought I would be able to do!
8. I love cooking. I find it relaxing and fun. I love when I can cook a good meal for friends and family.
9. I have 2 cats. They are brothers from the same litter and look nothing alike, seems their mother was promiscuous, but that’s not about me, they make me laugh daily, also I can now understand why there are crazy cat ladies out there, if I was allowed I would own 10 cats.
10. I am getting married on April 3, 2013 in Mexico!
11. I worked at a summer camp for 8 years, at this camp all the staff have nature names, so many of my friends still refer to me as Sky instead of Nikki.
11 Questions FOR YOU (my nominator made these suckers up)
1. What’s your favorite thing about yourself?
My determination, when I set my mind to something I usually achieve it. for example I paid of 12000 in debt (school and car) after I graduated within a year and a half. I worked my ass off to do that.
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you want to live?
Hmmm out of the places I’ve been, I would have to say Hawaii. I LOVE it there. I could easily become a beach girl.
3. What’s your favorite planet?
I really like the one we’re all on!
4. What cheers you up the most when you are feeling down?
3 things: My mom, my hubby to be, and going for a run.
5. What is one goal you want to accomplish before the end of the year?
6. You just found a large sum of money on the street. What do you do with it?
I would split it 3 ways in my bank account. 1- into savings, 2- extra payment on my mortgage 3-onto my Visa for a trip!
7. If you were on a liquid diet, what do you think your favorite food would be? (Can you tell I am looking for ideas. ;p)
Well it wouldn’t be healthy, but I love a good milk shake! When I make them as treats for kids at my work we have vanilla, banana and peanut butter.
8. What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
My favourite thing has to be just getting stuff off my mind, whether is important or not or helpful to people or not. It’s like a diary to me.
9. Do you have a favorite game?
board game-cranium, card game- currently sticks, video game- Fable 3 was fricken awesome, never been addicted to playing anything like that before.
10. What is your least favorite chore?
despise vacuuming, but I need to do it the most
11. Do you know how to tie a scarf?
OMG yes! I know many different ways, I have like 25 scarfs because I love wearing them. Here’s a good link if you want to see how to tie a bunch:
My Nominations- just realised I don’t follow enough people and the ones mostly have over 200 followers.
11 Questions for the Nominees
1. What last made you laugh?
2. Spontaneity or stability?
3. What is your least favorite word?
4. What would your name have been if you were born the opposite sex?
5. Sweet or salty?
6. What is your current fitness goal?
7. What is your current #1 goal in life? (I know we all usually have many goals to work towards)
8. Work or school? what do you do/take
9. Are you a morning or evening person?
10. Do you wear pajamas to places other than at your house? ( no judgement lol)
11. What’s your favourite way to stay active?