I’m a huge zombie nerd right now.
I think I’ve said it before, but when I run at home I watch the Walking Dead. I actually just started season 1 at the beginning of Jan and am almost done season 2 since I’m only allowed to watch it while I’m on the treadmill. I have put a ton of KM in on the treadmill this January since Edmonton is SO COLD! today is -41 with the wind chill… HELLS no to running out side in that! the weird thing is it’s supposed to be -2 by Friday… wtf? I know I’ve also mentioned that I use “Zombies! Run” which is an app that tracks your running and uses interval training by having zombies chase you throughout your run. It also has a bit of a game at the end of your run but I don’t want to go into full detail of that I’m just proving how in with the zombs I am.
Anyways I use MyFitnessPal to help track calories and exercise as I am still aiming to lose at least 10lbs and MFP has tons of groups and challenges to help with that and guess what I found one that is Zombie themed! so pumped!
Here’s what it’s about.
an 8-week weight loss challenge where YOU get to choose the outcome of your story. The world is coming to an end. A viral outbreak is wreaking havoc on the world.There are rumours of a safe zone — but will you make it there in time? Or will you get bitten and have to join the living dead? The choice is yours.
1. The Goal! The goal of the game is to be the last group alive at the end of the challenge.
2. Group Cooperation. There will be 4 teams: Team Emma, Team Stephen, Team Madison and Team Zombie. YES, one group gets to play the ZOMBIES! Each team will be assigned a character and will follow that character’s individual story line week to week.
3. Report Your Totals by Saturday 12 AM Pacific Standard Time! Sunday is a rest day
Here’s an example:
Weight Total: 140 Lbs
Food 6/6 Days
Water 6/6 Days
Cardio 80/100 Minutes
Strength Training 15/15 Pushups
Agility/Combat: 15/15 Hook Punches
4. Choose Your Own Adventure. Each character (team) will also be given a choose-your-own adventure option at the end of each week’s story. The choice with the highest number of votes dictates what story and challenge will be posted next.
5. Calling All Survivors! all results and the next storyline for each character’s will be posted sunday nights.
6. Choose Wisely. All story choices have consequences. You may even have to join the zombie team.
7. Check Your Team’s Message Board Daily. There may be surprise Apocalyptic Bonus Challenges thrown in once in awhile. If you complete the bonus challenge, you get an extra choose-your-own adventure vote!
8. Join the Zombie Team! If your team is instructed to join the zombie team, you must still complete your team’s current exercise challenge. However, you won’t have a choose-your-own adventure choice that week.
9. You’ve Been Eaten! If you fail to report totals two weeks in a row, we will assume that you have been eaten by a zombie and will sadly remove you from the challenge.
So that’s just the basics I’m VERY excited to start as I needed a new goal for February and this will challenge me to stay on top of all areas of my health and fitness!
Well I’m off to go put in some KM on the treadmill while watching the Walking dead. Not feeling 100% today but I’ll see what I can manage, 29.48km to go…