It’s been almost 2 years and I’m down 36lbs. Weighing in at 146 this morning. I am determined, after I get back from my wedding in Mexico, to drop those last 6lbs to get to my goal of 140lbs and to surpass losing 40lbs. It’s still hard to believe that I’ve always been an athlete and I let myself put on so much weight. I now feel like crap on days when I don’t work out now and I am healthier now then I have ever been. I have really enjoyed this zombie challenge I’ve been involved with the last 7 weeks as it has helped me stay on track and kick it up a bit. I still have some chubs I’d love to get rid of all over my body, but damn I can’t wait to wear my little bikinis in mexico.
Thanks for all the encouraging words, advice and support. Having this blog (and jillandnikkidowork) has kept me accountable and motivated!!
I’m 4 days into week 2, or 11 days into this 8 week challenge.
Here’s how this week is going up to the end of Wednesday night:
31/11 crazy eights
8/8 glasses of water a day (I’m always over)
and under calories every day
I don’t know what it is about this challenge but it’s keeping me beyond motivated and very aware of what I’m eating and I’m actually making time to work out. On monday in between jobs I fit in 30 minutes of cardio at the gym, and I will be doing the same today.
I am working 245 hours this month so to be able to plan and figure out how to get my workouts in has been interesting to say the least!
I was on my treadmill at home yesterday when I got annoyed by my pony-tail. I am semi sensitive to how things rub against my skin, so my hair touching my back was driving me nuts and I went to readjust my pony-tail so it was higher on my head when I broke the elastic. Yesterday was one of those days that I knew if I got off the treadmill I wouldn’t get back on (it had only been 18 minutes) so I left my hair down and continued to run. Well was that ever a challenge for me as well. Sweaty body and long hair are never a good mix! My friend Kelsey laughed at me when I told her I just kept running instead of taking probably 1 min to run upstairs grab a hair-tie and fix my hair. Is that dedication or what?!
This is the hill I ran on Tuesday. On Saturday it was a sloppy-wet mess. Tuesday it was an icy runners nightmare. At least for those of us who don’t own spikes.
I am doing well with KMs this week regardless of the ice and my ridiculous work hours. Look forward to announcing how many KM I fit in on the 18th.
I think I’ve said it before, but when I run at home I watch the Walking Dead. I actually just started season 1 at the beginning of Jan and am almost done season 2 since I’m only allowed to watch it while I’m on the treadmill. I have put a ton of KM in on the treadmill this January since Edmonton is SO COLD! today is -41 with the wind chill… HELLS no to running out side in that! the weird thing is it’s supposed to be -2 by Friday… wtf? I know I’ve also mentioned that I use “Zombies! Run” which is an app that tracks your running and uses interval training by having zombies chase you throughout your run. It also has a bit of a game at the end of your run but I don’t want to go into full detail of that I’m just proving how in with the zombs I am.
Anyways I use MyFitnessPal to help track calories and exercise as I am still aiming to lose at least 10lbs and MFP has tons of groups and challenges to help with that and guess what I found one that is Zombie themed! so pumped!
Here’s what it’s about.
an 8-week weight loss challenge where YOU get to choose the outcome of your story. The world is coming to an end. A viral outbreak is wreaking havoc on the world.There are rumours of a safe zone — but will you make it there in time? Or will you get bitten and have to join the living dead? The choice is yours.
1. The Goal! The goal of the game is to be the last group alive at the end of the challenge.
2. Group Cooperation. There will be 4 teams: Team Emma, Team Stephen, Team Madison and Team Zombie. YES, one group gets to play the ZOMBIES! Each team will be assigned a character and will follow that character’s individual story line week to week.
3. Report Your Totals by Saturday 12 AM Pacific Standard Time! Sunday is a rest day
Here’s an example:
Weight Total: 140 Lbs
Food 6/6 Days
Water 6/6 Days
Cardio 80/100 Minutes
Strength Training 15/15 Pushups
Agility/Combat: 15/15 Hook Punches
4. Choose Your Own Adventure. Each character (team) will also be given a choose-your-own adventure option at the end of each week’s story. The choice with the highest number of votes dictates what story and challenge will be posted next.
5. Calling All Survivors! all results and the next storyline for each character’s will be posted sunday nights.
6. Choose Wisely. All story choices have consequences. You may even have to join the zombie team.
7. Check Your Team’s Message Board Daily. There may be surprise Apocalyptic Bonus Challenges thrown in once in awhile. If you complete the bonus challenge, you get an extra choose-your-own adventure vote!
8. Join the Zombie Team! If your team is instructed to join the zombie team, you must still complete your team’s current exercise challenge. However, you won’t have a choose-your-own adventure choice that week.
9. You’ve Been Eaten! If you fail to report totals two weeks in a row, we will assume that you have been eaten by a zombie and will sadly remove you from the challenge.
So that’s just the basics I’m VERY excited to start as I needed a new goal for February and this will challenge me to stay on top of all areas of my health and fitness!
Well I’m off to go put in some KM on the treadmill while watching the Walking dead. Not feeling 100% today but I’ll see what I can manage, 29.48km to go…